Serving AGENTS in the gta since 1978
After more than 40 years and 150,000+ home inspections, we understand what real estate agents are looking for. That’s why we can support you and your clients with the best tools and services available.
We understand that we are one piece in the real estate transaction puzzle. We understand that as a real estate agent, you are trusting us with your client. Our goal is to take great care of your clients for a few hours during the inspection. We help reduce your liability and provide free technical support for clients forever.
We offer a range of inspection types to suit each of your client’s unique needs:
Get what you need from Carson Dunlop
Canada’s oldest and largest inspection company
- Extended office hours — 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday
- A professional inspector — experienced and competent but non-alarmist
- Choose the best fit — you can choose to work with any one of our 16 inspectors
- A comprehensive inspection — a balanced perspective plus your client can join the inspection
- Full-colour inspection reports — easy-to-read and understand with illustrations and photos
- Ballpark costs — so clients understand what’s involved and can move forward quickly
- Free support — we will stand behind our work and support your client for as long as they own the home
- RecallChek report — free report for appliance safety recalls ($30 value)
- The Home Reference eBook — clients get a free copy of our “encyclopedia of homes” ($49 value)
- Carson Dunlop Home Owner Association membership — clients get over $600 in free home services, plus group home and auto insurance rates including coverage for hard-to-insure systems like Kitec, Knob and Tube wiring, etc.
PLUS, you also get one-stop shopping for other services …
- Specialty services — including a Healthy Home Package (mould and asbestos inspection), and inspections for indoor air quality, sewers, thermal imaging, wood burning appliances, wells and septic tanks
See what other agents are saying about us
SELLER’S INSPECTIONS (PRE-LISTING INSPECTIONS)
10 reasons why Sellers’ Inspections make sense
- Helps you earn the listing
- Sells homes faster and for more money
- Brings more buyers to the table
- No conditional offers
- No need to sell the home twice
- Inspector “bedside manner” is not an issue
- No controversial inspection results (resolved offline)
- Puts you in control — choose inspector, control report
- You receive draft report the same day as inspection
- You approve the report before it is published
- Can adjust the price or fix issues
- Reduced liability
Can buyers rely on a seller’s inspection? Why should they feel comfortable, even with Carson Dunlop? Our $260 On-site Review solves these issues for the buyer:
- Buyers can engage us before or after closing
- The Review provides a walk-through of the home with the Inspector
- Buyer receives a copy of the inspection report
- The contractual agreement commits Carson Dunlop to the buyer
- Responsibility is clear and well defined
- Buyer is protected
- You are protected
MORE RESOURCES FOR AGENTS
Add great inspection content to your website — free
We offer 30 Do-it-yourself videos. Each one is 30–60 seconds and gives practical hands-on advice for homeowners. They are free to put on your website. Use as many as you like.
Call us at 800-268-7070 extension 230 to get set up
Solutions to handling the tough issues
We are in the solution business, not the problem business. We provide lots of useful information that resolves issues of all kinds. Feel free to put these articles on your website and/or share them with clients, in print or electronically.
Why condos need a home inspection
Need valuable information, not a sales pitch? We provide quality information, professionally delivered.