New Home Inspections are different and address items that are not covered in a regular home inspection. Our specially-trained new construction inspectors evaluate your home according to the Construction Performance Guidelines of the Tarion Warranty Program. We also provide guidance in working with builders and the warranty program to help get issues resolved quickly and efficiently.
WHAT YOU GET
With your New Home Inspection, from $882
Your INSPECTION REPORT
Included with your New Home Inspection
Inspection reports are delivered the same day as your inspection. They are written in simple language and are richly illustrated. They also include photos of your home for reference and clarity.
Your report will:
- Identify components that are missing, incomplete, damaged or non-operational
- Address items covered by Tarion
- Include pages to submit with your warranty paperwork
- Set out maintenance tips to protect your home
- Fast and easy booking — often within 24 hours
- Inspection by a specialist in new home construction
- A thorough report with images and references to Tarion Guidelines
- Thermographic imaging inspection for hidden moisture issues — $195 value
Plus, you get …
- Free technical support for as long as you own your home
- A free Home Reference e-book ($45 value)
- $100 of value from Jiffy — home maintenance and repair
- $70 gift card from 1-800-GOT-JUNK?
- $100 gift card from You Move Me (moving company)
- Free $30 report from RecallChek for safety recalls on appliances
- Discounted home and auto insurance rates (up to $600 per year savings)
When should the inspection be completed?
We recommend that the inspection is performed within 30 days of taking possession so we can identify issues early, and have them corrected promptly. Alternatively, the inspection can be done when the house is 10 or 11 months old. The house will have settled in and lived through almost 4 seasons. Many parts of the New Home Warranty expire after 12 months, so the inspection should be done prior to the first anniversary.
Some people have the inspection performed during the Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI). Others prefer to leave the builder and buyer alone during the PDI. The choice is yours.
Join the tens of thousands of satisfied clients who got peace of mind with a Carson Dunlop home inspection