Home Care Plan for Buyers
As a Carson Dunlop client, home buyers are eligible for an exclusive insurance program that provides ongoing protection against expensive breakdowns.
PROTECT YOUR HOME
- Unique insurance plan that protects your home from sudden and unforeseen mechanical breakdowns
- Covers heating and cooling systems, major home appliances and plumbing and electrical systems
- Repair or replacement is paid for when covered items break
- Claims are simple – just one number to call. You don’t need to find a contractor or repair person.
- Get $25,000 in protection every year for only $27 month
What is PROTECTED
- Furnace or boiler
- Air-conditioner or heat pump
- Space heaters – installed
- Electric baseboards – installed
- Water heater (owned)
- Emergency plumbing repairs
- Clothes washer
- Clothes dryer
- Whirlpool bath
- Garage door opener
- Central vacuum system
- Sump pump
- Electrical system coverage
- $25,000 aggregate policy limit per year
- $5,000 per year for geothermal heating units
- $1,000 per year for in-floor heating
- $2,500 per year for cracked sewer main
- $1,000 for septic field
- $500 for ancillary repairs to walls, floors or ceilings (does not include decorating)
- $27 per month or $324 per year
- Coverage renews annually
- Protection available for houses and condominium units
- Must have had a Carson Dunlop home inspection within the last 12 months
- The home must be less than 10,000 ft.²
- Must be owner-occupied for more than six months/year (no rentals, businesses or cottages)
Simple claims process
- Just one call!
- Work is done by insurance company’s service provider
- No frantic search for repair people
- $50 deductible per service call
What if there are two furnaces or refrigerators, for example?
Protection is provided for one only, but you don’t have to decide which one until there is a problem.
What if the component cannot be repaired?
The insurer will replace the unit.
What if the inspection report identifies conditions that require service, repair or replacement?
That component is not protected unless/until documented repairs are made.
Sign up now if the home has had a Carson Dunlop inspection in the last 12 months, and the property is eligible, or book an inspection to get protected.