Carson Dunlop Certified Home:
Seller’s Inspection + Home Care Plan
Makes the home stand out and provides exceptional value for buyers
Unique two-part program
To sell homes quickly and easily
Carson Dunlop Seller’s Inspection
From $531 (condos from $312)
- Pre-listing report from the most trusted name in home inspection
- Make buyers comfortable with your home
- One-page report summary available
- Buyers do not need a home inspection
- No conditional offers
- No 11th hour renegotiation when a buyer gets their inspection report
- Sales process moves more quickly and smoothly
HOMe Care Plan
Buyers are insured for repair and replacement of systems and appliances
- Protection against mechanical breakdowns
- Heating, cooling, water heater and appliances
- Emergency plumbing repairs — blockage, leaks and breakage of pipes
- Electrical system — panel, circuits, switches and receptacles
- $25,000 coverage per year — aggregate for all claims
- $324 for one-year policy — very cost effective
- Reduce your liability — buyers won’t ask you to fix furnace, etc.
Home care plan – What is Covered
- Space heaters —
- Electric baseboards — installed
- Heat pump
- Air conditioner
(ducted or ductless)
- Water heater — owned
(tank or tankless)
- Range, Oven, Cooktop
- Clothes washer
- Clothes dryer
- Whirlpool bath
- Garage door opener
- Central vacuum system
- Sump pump
- Emergency Plumbing Coverage — blockage, leak or breakage of piping and fittings
- Electrical System Coverage — panels, circuits, switches and receptacles
Home care plan – COVERAGE DETAILS
- $25,000 aggregate policy limit per year
- $5000 per year for geothermal heating units
- $1000 per year for in-floor heating
- $2500 per year for cracked sewer main
- $1000 for septic field
- You don’t pay until the home sells!
- Market the Carson Dunlop Certified Home including the Home Care Plan
- You pay $324 on closing (don’t pay until home sells!)
- Buyer gets 12 months complimentary coverage
- Coverage available for houses and condominium units
- Must have had a Carson Dunlop home inspection within the last 12 months
- The home must be less than 10,000 ft.²
- The home must be owner-occupied — no rentals, cottages or businesses
- The owner must live in the home at least six months a year
- Just make one call
- Work is done by insurance company’s service provider
- No frantic search for repair people
- $50 deductible
What if there are two furnaces or refrigerators, for example?
Coverage is provided for one only, but you don’t have to decide which one until there is a problem.
What if the component cannot be repaired?
The insurer will replace the unit.
What if the inspection report identifies conditions that require service, repair or replacement?
That component is not covered unless/until documented repairs are made.
Sign up now for the Carson Dunlop Certified Home if the home has had a Carson Dunlop inspection in the last 12 months, and the property is eligible, or book an inspection to get started.