About Carson Dunlop
A consulting engineering firm dedicated to all aspects of building inspection since 1978
leading the way
Carson Dunlop has been the leader in home inspection for more than four decades. Our residential and commercial inspection companies along with our training and report writing solutions are designed to help our clients succeed. We have been pioneers in this industry and have helped shape this young profession.
Over the years, we have developed many successful inspection concepts. Our education and report writing systems have set the industry standard.
Our inspection team performs hundreds of inspections every month, and our training and inspection software systems have been forged to meet the needs of our own clients as well as our inspection partners.
We use our training and inspection software systems in our own business every day, so we know they are exceptional.
We have helped form the professional associations and Alan Carson has been President of the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI), is a founding member of the Canadian Association of Home and Property Inspectors (CAHPI), and is a Past President of the Ontario Association of Home Inspectors (OAHI). Alan has been recognized with numerous awards over the years for his contributions to the profession. We have presented at countless conferences and seminars, and our papers and articles have been published and adopted throughout North America.
- Make home inspection a respected consulting profession
What we do
- Home Inspection — keep people warm, safe and dry
- Software — help inspectors communicate better
- Education — help build a solid career in home inspection
- Respect — accessible, easy to work with
- Innovation — extraordinary value, elegantly simple
- Passion — continuous improvement
What we bring
- Our passion is knowledge — we understand homes
- Our focus is communication – we help people understand
- Our edge is innovation — seller’s inspections, Horizon, Insight