Conserving energy and saving money makes sense for homeowners and for the environment. An energy efficient home is more comfortable, cost-effective, durable and has a higher resale value. It also helps protect the environment. Carson Dunlop’s Certified Energy Advisors can show you how you can save money while saving the planet.
An energy audit will give you a detailed outline of your energy use that will include:
- A basement-to-attic assessment of your home’s insulation, heating and cooling systems, appliances, and other energy uses
- A “blower door” test to detect air leaks and drafts
- A personalized Energy Efficient Evaluation Report with an energy rating and practical recommendations for improvement. The report shows how much energy you can save by making improvements, and how much your energy rating will improve. Click here to see a sample report.
About the Report
The report has several sections including:
- Your house EnerGuide Rating Score
- Recommended actions to improve energy efficiency including the potential improvement in the EnerGuide Rating
- Energy consumption/loss profile
- Energy saving tips
- Related resources for additional information
The Carson Dunlop Advantage
Carson Dunlop, with 35 years experience, is one of the oldest and largest companies in the Home Inspection profession. Since 1978, we have been leaders and innovators in the industry. We are uniquely diversified with six business lines:
- Home Inspection
- Commercial Inspection
- Energy Audits
- Home Inspection Training
- Continuing Education For Home Inspectors and Allied Professionals
- Report Writing Systems
We hire and train Energy Advisors to ensure your energy evaluation is done to the highest standards – and we stand behind them. We are a registered Service Organization with Natural Resources Canada (NRCan). We know homes and we know energy audits.
At Carson Dunlop, a great energy audit is just the beginning. We are with you for the long term. If you ever have a question, we offer free telephone and email consultation for as long as you own the home, for energy issues and other questions you may have.
To book an energy audit, please call 800.268.7070.