One of the great benefits of a Carson Dunlop home inspection is that we’re always here to answer your questions!
In fact – we’re with you for as long as you own your home!
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions by our clients:
2. How many inspectors do you have?
We currently have 16 inspectors including both professional inspectors and professional engineers.
3. What are your inspectors’ qualifications?
Our professional engineers and home inspection professionals are highly trained and Carson Dunlop-certified to provide our customers with outstanding service and quality advice. Carson Dunlop offers the best training in the industry by combining in-class and hands-on technical training. We use the training program we created, which is also delivered at colleges and universities throughout the country. All members of the team periodically receive refresher training to continue to hone their skills and keep up to date on industry standards.
Their experience and commitment to customer satisfaction is unparalleled in the industry. They simplify the complex world of house construction and systems, and are happy to answer any questions about your home for as long as you own it.
4. What do you look at?
We inspect the major systems of the house. These include the Roof, Exterior, Structure, Electrical, Heating, Cooling, Plumbing, Insulation and Interior. Our goal is to identify the significant issues that would affect a typical purchaser’s buying decision.
5. If it’s really bad, will you tell us not to buy the house?
Our goal is to report fairly on the condition of the house identifying potential repairs and expenses. We provide clients with the information to help them make an informed decision. Ultimately, the buying decision is made by you.
6. Can I follow along?
Most certainly. Clients tell us this is one of the most helpful parts of our Home Inspection. You get the benefit of a one-on-one education session with a highly-trained consultant who will answer your questions and provide tips for keeping your home comfortable, safe and operating efficiently.
7. How much does an inspection cost?
Our competitive fees are based on many factors, including the age and size of the house, the type of inspection you need and area in which you’re having the inspection. We also have different price points for professional inspectors and for professional engineers.
8. What is included in the fee?
• The confidence of booking with one of the oldest and largest home inspection companies in Canada, seen as a benchmark in the industry for their extensive experience and expertly-trained team.
• Fast, friendly and informative customer service staff who can answer all of your questions and set up an appointment to fit your schedule.
• Inspectors with great communication skills who can answer your questions.
• An on-site examination of the major systems of the home.
• A full colour, written report delivered by email the same day as the inspection, including photos, illustrations and an easy-to-read format that takes the guesswork out of what’s important and what’s not.
• Access to our consultants to answer any of your questions for as long as you own the home.
9. How long does an inspection take?
A typical home inspection takes between 1-1/2 and 3 hours. Some older and /or larger homes can take longer.
10. Do you provide a report?
HORIZON is a comprehensive web-based reporting system that produces an exceptional, easy-to-read report. This system was created by Carson Dunlop and is used by home inspectors across North America. The report includes not only a description of the home but documents our observations and recommendations, incuding cost estimates for repairs, where appropriate. The report includes colour illustrations and photographs , as well as links to relevant reference materials. Click here to view a sample.
11. What areas do your home inspectors cover?
Carson Dunlop has qualified home inspection professionals servicing many parts of Ontario. Click here to view the coverage map. We have inspectors that cover the following areas:
If you’re not sure if your area is covered, please feel free to give one of our friendly Customer Service representatives a call (800.268.7070) and we’ll be happy to provide you with more detailed coverage area information.